The phenomenology of the rite is one of all of the inherent elements of the soul. It represents how man responds psychologically to what in anthropology is called a crisis of presence or a response to an occasion that will threaten the very integrity of people’s lifetime. Death is undoubtedly among them.
The funeral rightly enters the religious sphere of rituality; it’s about codifying an occurrence perceived as catastrophic through a series of fixed formulas, precisely rituals, to create it tangible and then subtracting it from the entirely private dimension of mysticism.
Stereotyped behaviors, crystallized in real rules, offer the likelihood of constructing objective and universally accepted models, also building the concept of tradition.
The funeral ritual assumes the responsibility of sealing the highest of the biological lifetime of men, entrusting the body to the planet and so the spirit to an endless pilgrimage; in a very, very dreamlike way, the vision of such an event always must do with the highest and thus the detachment of a particular element from our external reality, it is the primary step towards the metabolization of a loss understood within the broad sense.
Dreams are ideas that are found in our heads and our unconscious, they’re images, sounds, and shapes that represent our dreams, decisions, desires, emotions, and wishes, even with topics as delicate as dreams with funerals.
Many dreams are made from our most up-to-date ideas, what we lived within the day, or every week ago; they contain a world of meanings that will go hand in hand with our everyday life or delve into the depths of our soul and our spirit.
What does it mean to dream about funerals?
The content of our dreams will be very varied and contain a series of elements as extensive because the world itself, we can dream of animals, plants, animals, known and even unknown people.
- Combine elements and experiences of our way of life and even things that we’ve got never really experienced.
- Within the dream world, each element present in it or the experience may have a unique meaning, counting on the culture, religion, or belief system. It will flow from education or the influence of upbringing.
- In this case, we’ll address the meaning of dreaming about funerals, which even the beliefs that one may have, have quite particular meaning which will even depend upon the context and knowledge of the dream; which contrary to what is also believed, they represent something positive.
Some interpretations of dreaming about funerals
Dreaming about attending a funeral
If your dream involves the death of an in-depth friend or love, don’t be alarmed or assimilate this as a foul omen. On the contrary, it represents the family unit and the excellent direction that the family is taking. It may also be the omen of a marriage.
But, something you wish to think about and ponder is that it can mean someone’s impulse.
If it rains at a funeral
The rain has always been associated with adverse or depressive emotions; within the case of rain in dreams and more specifically in a very funeral it implies that the complication of your environment, within the case of the looks of an illness, the chance of doing a nasty business, having the ability to suffer an accident or problems.
Dream of an epitaph
The epitaph refers to the ribbon that adorns the funeral wreaths where the individual’s name is typically placed.
Dreaming of funerals and, more specifically, with the epitaph refers to the chance that bad news or a minimum of somewhat unpleasant news will be received soon.
If you discover yourself performing or writing an epitaph in your dream, this portends the loss of an in-depth friend.
Dreaming about burying yourself
One of the foremost uncomfortable dreams that will exist and where many confused emotions are focused on our stage.
The meaning of conducting our funeral represents the well-being experienced in reality. It shows how satisfied we are with our behavior and our decisions in our daily lives. Still, that well-being may be given by the shortcoming to determine the mistakes made, so take a glance at your life and your decisions, as these can represent serious mistakes that will even involve legal or very personal charges.
Dreaming of a funeral from afar
Although the fact is experienced from afar, dreaming of funerals which it’s seen from afar, can involve the one who is dreaming it and should express the looks of a serious illness during this person.
Dreaming of the death of a father, mother, or child
And among the dreams that cause us the most vivid emotions which make us get up with a horrible fright is dreaming of funerals or dreaming of the death of a being as close as a father, mother, or child.
But this particular dream can vary in its interpretation because it can mean a long life for the one who died in our dream or the looks of problems that may occur within the second balcony.
The meanings of dreaming about funerals will be very varied, but if something is true, the sensation it leaves us isn’t the least bit pleasant.
To the detriment of any superstitious tendency, the funeral in dreams has nothing to do and do with macabre future premonitions, of course, dreams nearly always tend to allegorically manifest events within the dreamer’s life that have already occurred or are within the method of psychic metabolization; this can often be the case with a widely spread dream, and this could be justified precisely by its meaning.
- The image of the funeral directly refers to the tip/death/withdrawal of a specific aspect of the biographical reality of the dreamer, and as life itself is change and lasting change, the river swollen, which only apparently seems to be identical, but essentially it flows eternally, continuously changing its waters, here it’s that the funeral dream can only be a reality secluded from being rare.
- In the lifetime of every people, the aspects die, change, transform, convert and modify their forms, and each phase of the transition step must necessarily be accompanied, precisely by a ritual that worthily consecrates the highest.
- Here, the funeral in dreams may well be some way within which the unconscious informs us of the consciousness of what has been lost, helping us bury it and let it go definitively.
- The image, however, is incredibly general, there it indicates a general end, the abandonment of a component that can’t always be identified with extreme precision; it’ll be away, an emotion, a friendship, a romance, or ask a given situation that has been overexploited and drained which now has nothing to provide except its end.
Furthermore, we must not forget the intimate and personal counterpart of the allegory, which could talk of with a selected aspect of the character of the dreamlike individual, a facet that’s slowly being abandoned to create room for something else, and this can often be especially evident when not we can recognize the theme of the stele after we don’t know the one who died in our dreams.
- It is a radical metamorphosis, within which the dreamer is stuck, a fundamental change for his life that, like death, leaves a void, a district which can be filled by another, which leaves expressive freedom to a special.
- There are, however, cases within which the funeral refers to a distinct fundamental aspect of this rite, the burial; In other words, we could find ourselves before a kind of invitation, on the part of our subconscious, to forcibly abandon some people, events, situations, which are mortal and incapacitating for their freedom, almost as if the dreamer were invited to form a conscious withdrawal to be ready to sleep adherence to your willfully.
DREAMING OF THE FUNERAL OF A KNOWN
Instead, the subject of the funeral is recognized by the dreamer, the meaning changes; Participating within the funeral of an exponent, in most cases, indicates feelings of jealousy and envy experienced towards that person.
Perhaps one is stuck in an exceedingly genuine conflict regarding him, and thus the need to drive him away is translated through the funeral image.
DREAM OF A QUICK FUNERAL
It also happens by participating during a very funeral within which the guests don’t shed even the slightest tear, but rather surrender to the sollazzi and so the flashes of sudden joy, laughing.
Beyond the dreadful effect that Goya would have liked such plenty, the symbol includes a positive value: the death of old habits, routines, and commitments is serenely accepted by the individual, who readily sees the change that awaits him (note positive elements which will result from a funeral, like money from a will or another).
CABALA / LOTTERY AND NUMEROLOGY
In this symbol, the cabal and thus the grimace coincide at 16 and 9.