Whether within the middle of a crowd, on a deserted street, or in your dreams, getting lost or confused between the traces of your passage within an area is always disorienting. So that you can’t reconstruct the origin and, therefore, the direction.
It’s an experience filled with meaning and particularly imbued with enormous anxiety.
The feeling of groping inside an area that we don’t know without a path already traced in our memory generates an actual inner confusion in our psyche. The loss of every space-time coordinate leads to a whirlpool that appears substantially, sort of a fundamental instability of the body compared to other surrounding objects.
An area never seen, known, or explored, is presented as an enormous canvas within which symbols are represented that we don’t know, the way to interpret and then read, so loss becomes a source of hysteria and discomfort.
This experience, within the world of dreams, is commonly related to a nightmare. Also, the level of emotional commitment is so high that the dreamer is nearly always led to awaken within the middle of the night and check out to console himself by examining intimately the place where he’s found.
LOSS OF SLEEP
‘Scioto te Ipsum,’ so says one of all the oldest maxims that our western history has tried to transmit to us since the 7th century BC.
- The warning is evident; we must attempt to know ourselves at the maximum amount possible to dominate ourselves, our route, and our choices. We must be ready to decide our destiny, making the foremost of all the good privileges.
- Additionally, because of the enormous responsibilities that derive from our power and also the same maxim is translated into a picture during sleep through dream confusion.
Getting lost and finding yourself within the middle of an unknown place during a dream is being lost during daytime life or a minimum of the lack to master the chaotic magmatic matter of the external environment and the globe.
- It’s as if the dreamer perceives reality as something hopelessly pluralistic, without its internal logic, without a red thread to follow, capable of connecting its extremities if it possesses them.
- More specifically, this dream image is considered because of the metaphor of an actual condition during which the dreamer perceives himself as a person who is adrift. He is fearfully transported by the course of events, without a selected goal to pursue, or without the latter being transparent, or without the right tools to pursue it.
- Additionally, all this could denote a specific level of disorganization within the lifetime of the dreamer. A disorder that is a psychic or an objective type has difficulty in implementing appropriate strategies of action and responding to external impulses.
- Getting lost in places of our dreams puts us in direct contact with the areas of human experience about which we feel lost. Or experiences that we’ve not yet explored sufficiently:
Emotions, Feelings, Abstract Reasoning, Concrete Experiences.
- It is good to take into consideration, therefore, the existential period within which the dream traveler finds himself living. After all, those that dream of getting lost in an extraordinary place, which appears with absolute mastery within the details, must dwell in them to know the top intimate secrets.
They’re often also individuals characterized by the fear of losing control over themselves or with great difficulty in letting go of specific situations or events. It’s the kind of dream that one would expect from an individual within the midst of an existential crisis, who is experiencing an enclosed loss of their values ??or certainties.
- It is also and especially the sort of sleep/incubation that affects those who suffer from natural disorders with paranoia, panic attacks, or agoraphobia.
- We can, however, rightly place this sort of dream within the category marked as compensation dreams. These are precise strategic mechanisms set in motion by the unconscious, whose objective is to identify the dreamer involved with a dreamlike substitute for the chaotic elements of life and, therefore, the planet. To induce them won’t to it, fictionally recreating almost a form of dream gym is the continuous exercise of life.
DREAMING TO DISPLAY IN…
Regardless of the dream place where you wander off, the essential meaning remains substantially identical, with minimal and really personal nuances, which must still fit into our hermeneutical computation:
- Dreaming of getting lost in a city, specifically, marks the loss of your biographical and existential reference points;
- The dream of getting lost inside a forest, on the other hand, marks an ancestral fear within the dreamer, that of the unknown and also the darkness;
- Dreaming of getting lost within the crowd can have a double value: it’s a dreamer who is afraid to show the image of himself publically, or its specular variant, that is, a dreamer who wants to be noticed by others at the slightest bit costs;
- Finally, dreaming of getting lost in a hospital or clinic could be a warning to stay away from stress and that our psychological condition is in restraint.
CABALA, NUMEROLOGY, AND MORPHY
The numerology that marks the image of getting lost is 37-62-21—getting lost within the woods:
47—lost within the city: 51—getting lost within a hospital: 5—lost within the crowd: 48.